Generally, the information requested by the business will be used to provide a website feature or service to you, such as E commerce, or providing future content better tailored to your interests.
Some of the services on this website allow you to send us an email. We will use the information you provide, such as email address or phone number, only to respond to your inquiry. Keep in mind that email transmissions are not encrypted by default, so we suggest you do not send sensitive information such as Social Security numbers, credit card numbers, or bank account information via such contact forms.
If such information is required, it will be via a web page that clearly states the page and its transmission of information is secure and encrypted. All electronic messages received from visitors are deleted when no longer needed.”
You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- Ask for a list of personal information we have about you, if any.
(2) Request a change, correction, or deletion of your personal information.
(3) Request that we avoid collecting anything in the future (opt-out).
Privacy & Cookies
- In this modern day & age, privacy and use of information is a major concern for customers. Accordingly we take this seriously and aim to treat yours with the utmost respect.
2. Our Commitment to our Customers:
- The Great British Website page(s)(“TGBW”) is owned and operated by us alone with the assistance of our web partners A Dozen Eggs, but we are responsible for all authorised content.
- We are committed to safeguarding your privacy online.
- We will only collect, store and use your personal information for specific purposes. We use your personal information to support and enhance our relationship with you. We only share your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws.
- You may contact us at any time with any privacy questions or concerns and to see the personal information you have given us and request correction or clarifiaction.
- We will NOT sell on your information to unauthorised third parties seeking to make profit and bombard you with spam!
4. Information about you
- When a customer or seller registers on TGBW we ask for information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, and contact details, and then we keep a record of this information.
- All this is necessary so we can recognise you as a registered customer, pass on the correct details with your order, and ensure that you are happy with the service you receive.
- We keep a record of any purchase you make on TGBW. This means both our sellers and (in some instances) we can help to deal more quickly with any queries or problems you may have, and also so we can ensure that any information that we send to you is relevant.
- We keep a record of any e-mail correspondence you send us, so we can track any problems or concerns you’ve had with using our website.
- We do not store credit card details.
- If you would like to revise the information you have provided to us, or feel that what we currently have on record is incorrect, you may update the information by contacting us.
5. Use of your data:
- All the information we collect via our website or through correspondence with you is used to operate and improve the service we offer you and to personalise our service. We are committed to using your personal information only for:
- Passing on your orders to your chosen TGBW Producing Partners so they can supply goods and services to you and for customer administration. Our sellers may use subcontractors to process and provide your orders to you. Any such subcontractors are subject to the same contractual obligations as our sellers in respect of your personal information
- Planning and managing TGBW’s business activities, including analysis of customers’ shopping habits, product and style preferences.
- Technical administration of our website.
- Providing you with information about the services we offer.
- Letting you know about offers and news from TGBW.
- Letting you know about offers, news and products from sellers on our site.
- We may make your name and email address available to companies in order to advertise and market our services to you through other platforms on the internet (e.g. Facebook).
- To verify details of your payment method or credit card account.
- During your registration process you are given the opportunity to select some of the ways in which we may use your details.
- These are the circumstances in which we may share some of your data with others:
- To outside research companies whom we may ask to contact you directly for your opinions on our service, and our sellers’ products and services (in which case we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function).
- If we are requested by the police or a regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities to provide information concerning your activities whilst using the network we shall do so.
We do not share your details with 3rd parties for any other purpose.
6. Managing orders:
We may monitor and review communications between you and our sellers on our Content Management System (CMS), solely for the purposes of ensuring that your orders are managed appropriately by our sellers and our customer service team, and in accordance with the terms and conditions that we have in place with our sellers.
7. Data over the internet:
The internet is a global network, so it is possible for your data to travel internationally, which may include places outside the European Union. If you visit or shop at TGBW, you’re agreeing and authorising us to process data in this way.
8. How we protect information:
- You acknowledge that the Internet is not a 100% secure medium for communication and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us (or we send to you) via the Internet.
- We are not responsible for any damages which you, or others, may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
- We take every precaution to protect your information. To this end all personal information stored by us is kept on a server in a secure environment. Only employees, our sellers and any sub-contractors who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information.
9. How you can help protect your information:
- Remember to close your browser window when you have finished your purchases on TGBW. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet café.
- We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Our Partners’ Privacy Policies:
Our sellers are bound by the same legislation as us, and specifically must comply with the Data Protection Act 1998.
In using TGBW our sellers (and their affiliates), agree not to:
- sell, barter, disclose or transfer to any third party, any data passed to them as a result of any transaction via the SIte (e.g. personal data of any user), or permit any third party to have access to the same;
- send to any TGBW user any non-electronic direct-mail marketing;
- send to any TGBW user any electronic communication except as necessary to complete any Buyer’s transaction or to respond to a customer service enquiry made by such Buyer concerning such transaction;
- use any domain name (or any part of it) on TGBW and/or otherwise in any communications that they have with any user of TGBW;
- target unsolicited communications of any kind to any user of the Site.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file which is downloaded and stored on your computer or mobile device by websites that you visit.
Your browser accesses the cookie file only when you visit the website that generated it. This helps to ease your navigation by automatically logging you in and remembering things like your preferences and what’s in your shopping basket. Cookies allow sites like TGBW to deliver you a personalised shopping experience.
The information stored within any given cookie can only be accessed by the website that created it and cookies are limited to communicating only the information that you have disclosed to the site.
By visiting this website with your browser settings adjusted to allow cookies, you are consenting to TGBW using cookies for the purposes outlined below in order to provide you with a fully functional shopping experience.
Please note: to make full use of TGBW and to benefit from certain personalised features, your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to be set up to accept cookies. The TGBW website (like many other shopping websites) will not work effectively when cookies are blocked.
The data we collect through these cookies is solely for the purpose of enhancing our website and your browsing experience – it is never used to identify you and we would never share or sell on this data.
The list below details the cookies used on TGBW. We have outlined who sets these cookies and their purpose. If the party reads something other than ‘TGBW’, these are our third party business partners who help us to enhance your browsing experience.
If cookies aren’t enabled on your computer, it will mean that your shopping experience on our website will be limited to browsing and researching; you won’t be able to add products to your basket or buy them.
To enable and manage cookies, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the ‘Help’ menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone’s handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Category Party Purpose
The information collected through these cookies is only used for this purpose and is never shared or sold on to third parties.
Performance Google Analytics:
Sharing with social networks:
If you use the buttons that allow you to share products and content with your friends via social networks like Twitter and Facebook, these companies may set a cookie on your computer memory. Find out more about these here:
To see all the information we have about you, and to correct any inaccuracies, please write to us at: The Great British Website, Stoneycroft, 15 Millhouse Estate, Thringstone LE67 8NJ
How to unsubscribe
If you no longer wish to receive any further email messages, post or other communications from us or you no longer wish to be contacted by other companies who you permitted us to provide your details to then please contact us at email@example.com and use the words: ‘Please Unsubscribe me from your services’ in the subject line of your email. You can copy the wording directly above here for your ease of use.
All other payments to BTB are made by BACS,Cheque ,Cash or Pay PAL